NAFLOXIN is an antibiotic belonging to the fluoroquinolone family. The active substance is ciprofloxacin. Ciprofloxacin works by killing bacteria that cause infections. It only works with specific strains of bacteria.
NAFLOXIN is used in adults to treat the following bacterial infections:
• respiratory tract infections
• long lasting or recurring ear or sinus infections
• urinary tract infections
• infections of the testicles
• genital organ infections in women
• gastro-intestinal tract infections and intra-abdominal infections
• skin and soft tissue infections
• bone and joint infections
• to treat infections in patients with a very low white blood cell count (neutropenia)
• to prevent infections in patients with a very low white blood cell count (neutropenia)
• anthrax inhalation exposure
If you have a severe infection or one that is caused by more than one type of bacterium, you may be given additional antibiotic treatment in addition to NAFLOXIN.